How to get here
The towns of Burlington, Middle Arm and Smith’s Harbour are located on the Baie Verte Peninsula in the Green Bay region of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. There’s only one road in, and one road out so no need to drop bread crumbs along the way.
If you are coming from St John’s it’s about a six and a half hour drive, if you’re coming from Gander it’s about three hours, Corner Brook is about 2.5 hours.
Please drive carefully and WATCH OUT FOR MOOSE!
Option 1 (shortest)
Option 3 (longest)
1. Bug spray. It’s usually not that bad that time of year but gangs of blackflies and mosquitos have been know to roam the streets of Burlington, Middle Arm and Smith’s Harbour.
2. Rain Gear- Definitely bring yer rubber boots.
3. Warmer clothes. I am sure you’ve heard we can get all four seasons in one day!
5. Hiking boots. The area around Burlington is ungroomed and not always flat. We want you to have the best footing you can while getting around.
6. A Hiking Stick!
7. Journal or note pad. There are many beautiful spots to sit and take it all in and get those thoughts on paper.
8. Dog, Cat, Lemur, Lama, whatever you got… All Pets welcome!
5. A portable camping chair! The Gathering Grounds doesn’t have a lot of seating so if you brought your own you would get a great spot to see all the action. (Don’t forget the blanket)
6. Bring your fun pants! Have a great time, meet loads of friends and HAVE FUN!
This policy has proven to be a winner when it comes to creating a safe and positive environment for Gatherers of all ages. This is a community festival and in a small place like Burlington, Middle Arm, and Smith Harbour it is important to respect the locals and leave it as you found it.
If you do choose to drink alcohol while visiting please do so responsibly. There are several stores in town wher you can purchase wine, beer and spirits and your business is very much welcome. But remember no alcohol will be allowed on The Gathering Grounds. Our security will be checking bags and enforcing this policy, and anyone who is intoxicated on the grounds will be removed.
There will also be RCMP on the premisis so any fights or abusive behaviour will not be tolerated.
The Gathering is a happy place, so bring the happy and have a blast. And remember…
The Gathering has become one of the most fun camping festivals on the island. Most people who attend the Gathering either bring an RV or Tent in Tent City.
If you are planning on Bringing an RV please call Mayor George.
709 252 2910
OR you can email him at gkelly@townofburlington
There is no charge for RV’s but we do suggest tipping whoever’s front lawn or yard you are staying on. You will be using their water and power, so please show your appreciation. And if you are not on someone’s lot please feel free to donate to The Gathering when you are leaving. Every penny helps!
Camping in Tent City is one of the most fun parts of our festival. Get your camping pass HERE
The closest town with hotels is Baie Verte which is about a thirty minute drive from Burlington. Here are a list of their Accoms
There’s also Springdale about eighty minutes away which has the Riverwood Inn
Kings Point has several options.
Be sure to check out http://www.kingspointpottery.com/
And that’s about it. As the project grows, more people are listing their houses on Airbnb so check there as well.
Cameras and Video
lost and found
13 Old Church Road
Burlington, NL. A0K 1S0